5 Website Design Tips For Ecommerce Websites
Website design plays a very important role for any website, and for an e-commerce website which is for attracting and encouraging visitors to buy the products from the website. So, website design is like the face which provides the first impression of your website and hence it should be made and chosen very carefully. The average online buyer has a very short attention span and therefore if you do not have an appealing e-commerce website design than visitors would not interest in your website and may just bounce off without bothering to go deeper and searching for the products they are looking for in your website or website’s pages. You can take the example of various successful e-commerce websites such as Amazon, eBay, Flipkart etc. you will see that they are having their own unique web design and layout that users find comfortable and these designs compel the user to stay on the site. So in case you are planning to start your own e-commerce website, then they choose website design carefully because it will be considered as your store front as you are not having any physical store of yours. Some of the crucial e-commerce web design tips which you should pay attention to are mentioned below:
- Don’t compromise with loading time for bulky flash image and graphics: Many e-commerce web designers make the mistake of loading their e-commerce web pages with flash and images with great detail. This may make the site hugely attractive to users, but sometimes it increases the loading time which in turn may lead to visitor loss. So the trick lies in creating a visually appealing site which at the same time loads quickly. For this, use images which are attractive yet load quickly. Downsize the flash quotient and use it only in places where you feel it will necessary.
- Navigation: The site should be easily navigable and there should be a well-defined process wherein the users can easily find the path to their desired product. A site search box well optimized so that users reach the most appropriate page for a particular query. A good search engine optimizer would be able to guide you on the navigational facilities that will give you the best results.
- An arrangement of categories: Arranging the products into the proper categories is of utmost importance and the correct products need to go into the respective categories. Users should be able to narrow down their searches on the basis of a price tag, colour, size, etc depending on what you are selling on your e-commerce website houses.
- Easy options to buy a product: When the user clicks on the ‘buy now’ button, he should have the product placed in his shopping cart. If the buying of products are too hefty then a lot of users may subsequently leave and hence buy options should be easy and understood able for all.
- Options for online customer supporter and contact: A live chat and a customer support contact details should be there present on your site because most users are having doubts of online buys and hence want assurance before buying a product. This is where the role of an online customer support comes. A ‘Contact Us’ page should have your details such as email id, phone number, and address which make you easily accessible to the buyers.
One can take the help of other competitors who are doing well in. Take ideas from them but same time, don’t copy blindly. Hopefully, these tips would surely help you to create a site with a good e-commerce website design.
June 16, 2017
April 26, 2017
March 29, 2017